With Disneyland Resort’s Diamond Celebration the Halloween season runs through Nov. 1, 2015 with festive Fall decorations throughout the park, plus spooky transformations of Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain. Stay late to see the parades, fireworks or buy a ticket to trick-or-treat.
Here are 10 must see and do experiences during October at Disneyland:
- Main Street Disneyland has been transformed with more than 300 pumpkins and a 16-foot-tall Mickey Jack-o’-lantern.
- Ride the Haunted Mansion in New Orleans Square to experience a collision between Halloween and Christmas with Jack Skellington from the Walt Disney Pictures classic “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas.” See the recently rejoined Hatbox Ghost.
- Ride Space Mountain’s Ghost Galaxy in Tomorrowland. Space Mountain vehicles speed into a ghostly galaxy among eerie screams, sound effects and music. Spooky spirits pop out of the darkness, appearing to reach out and scare space travelers.
- Dia de los Muertos in Frontierland is a traditional Mexican celebration with a skeleton display near Rancho del Zocalo restaurant.
- Attend the “Paint the Night” parade – A river of color down Main Street, U.S.A., with spectacular special effects, floats, energetic performances and toe-tapping music.
- Buy a separate-ticket to attend Mickey’s Halloween Party. Come in costume and trick-or-treat throughout Disneyland Park on selected nights. Enjoy the exclusive “Monsters U Dance Party” at the Tomorrowland Terrace. Tickets for Mickey’s Halloween Party* may be purchased online and on mobile devices at Disneyland.com/party, as well as at the Disneyland Resort main gate and by phone at 714-781-4400. Guests may check online for availability for the following nights: Wednesday, Oct. 7; Friday, Oct. 9; Monday, Oct. 12: Wednesday, Oct. 14; Friday, Oct. 16; Monday, Oct. 19; Thursday, Oct. 22; Friday, Oct. 23; Sunday, Oct. 25; Tuesday, Oct. 27; and Thursday, Oct. 29. Online and mobile purchases are not available the day of the event. ickets purchased on the day of the event are $77 each. All tickets to Mickey’s Halloween Party on Thursday, Oct. 29, are $84 each.
- Be sure to notice the sparkling enhancements on Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland and take an interactive tour of Sleeping Beauty’s story.
- In Disney California Adventure, stay after dark for the Diamond Celebration water show that comes alive in “World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney.” It’s filled with film, lasers, music and special effects honoring the man who created Disneyland and so many beloved characters.
- Mingle with the ghosts in The Twilight Zone™ Tower of Terror and dance the night away in the after-dark Diamond Mad T Party.
For more information about Halloween at the Disneyland Resort, see www.Disneyland.com/Halloween.