5 Sweet Delights at Valerie Chocolates
Local chocolatier Valerie Gordon of Valerie Confections is selling Thanksgiving and December holiday gifts made with fresh, all-natural ingredients. She wraps them up in chic, elegant packaging that will impress your loved ones.
Here are 5 holiday gifts available as a sweet party gift or for a festive holiday family dessert-
- Peppermint Bark – Valerie’s version features bittersweet chocolate sprinkled with dried mint leaves, topped with a layer of white chocolate, and her handmade peppermint candy (10 oz., $35) .
- Fruit Cake Blanc and Fruit Cake Noir – This fruitcake features gourmet ingredients like white fig, golden raisins, pears, apples, blanched almonds, and a touch of brandy. The Noir fruit cake has dark raisins, Black Mission figs, plums, almonds, cocoa powder, and port. It’s ideal for breakfast or an after-dinner treat with a snifter of brandy or a mug of hot cocoa. (serves 7-9, $60 each)
- Ornament Box – These hand-molded chocolates are made from 61% bittersweet chocolate and filled with dried mint leaves and bits of crunchy housemade peppermint candy to lend a whimsical air of the holidays. They’re wrapped in bright foil and presented in gold tinsel in an ivory box with red satin ribbon—a great stocking stuffer for any age. (16 pieces, $75).
- Christmas Jam – These jams features plum, cranberry, apple, dried orange, cinnamon, and clove.
5. Seasonal Pies – Berry pies and the Winter Luxury Pumpkin Pie are made with a buttery and flaky pie dough filled to the brim with local, organic fruit. These pies keep well for 2 day. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature. Approximately 6-8 servings.
All these items can be found at the Silverlake, Echo Park, and Downtown Grand Central Market locations.