Imagine baby powder soft white sand leading to warm turquoise blue water. Nearby are lounge chairs under palapas to spread a towel and enjoy the exquisite views all day long. Margaritas, chips and lunch are delivered to you by friendly servers. Sounds like a dream? It’s reality at the two Marriott properties located along the middle of the Zona Hotelera Cancun (hotel row). Both CasaMagna Marriott Cancun Resort and JW Marriott Cancun Resort and Spa and located along the southeastern tip of Mexico along the Caribbean Sea. They are connected together by a walkway.
While attending a lunch at Garcias Madre earlier this week, I learned about the two Cancun properties from Christopher Calabrese, the Vice President & General Manager and Sharon Dayan, the Director of Sales & Marketing of the Cancun properties. They enlightened a group of travel journalists about the unique activities available to guests.
Here’s what I learned about the two properties:
- GETTING THERE – Flying to Cancun – Most major U.S. airlines provide daily direct service to Cancun. The resorts are approximately 15 to 20 minutes from Cancun International Airport.
- FAMILY FUN – CasaMagna Marriott Cancun Resort is family friendly offering the Marriott Kids Program club for children ages 4 – 12 with a covered play area. There is a Beachwalk game center for teens 13-17 with basketball, foosball and fun activities at the beach.
- NEWLY RENOVATED – The CasaMagna Marriott Cancun Resort has 450 remodeled guest rooms, including 30 suites and 300 premium ocean view rooms. Rooms range in size from 702 to 3,094 square feet. All rooms are equipped with a private balcony and a series of luxurious amenities.
- LUXURIOUS RESORT – JW Marriott Cancun Resort and Spa features 448 ocean view rooms with a spacious private balcony, including 74 luxurious suites that range in size and style, from the 926 square foot JW Suite, to the 4,115 square foot Presidential Suite.
- DINING – The resorts have 9 International restaurants. At CasaMagna there is a La Capilla Argentina Steakhouse with Tango nights, Mikado, SasiThai with views of lagoons, La Isla, and Champions Sports Bar. Over at JW Marriott is Sedona Grill, a Southwestern dining experience with Mexican buffet and music on Friday evenings. There is also Gustino, a fine dining Italian restaurant with an International wine cellar. Each restaurant has its own chef and kitchen. The Beach Walk restaurant is next to the ocean and near the pools.
- SPA TIME – Guests can enjoy massage and aromatherapies at CasaMagna Marriott Cancun Spa, which features Wive treatment rooms and beach treatment. At JW Marriott there is a Mayan theme 35,000 sq. ft. full-service luxury spa offering world-class body wraps and massages to traditional Mayan body polishes and Xtabentun (traditional Yucatan recipe) facials. The facility is also home to a state of the art gym, with a Fitness center that offers ocean views. Classes include yoga, kickboxing, pilates and personal training or take a spinning class outside. Afterwards jump in the crystal blue sea to cool down.
- POOL TIME – There are three freeform pools including a 20 foot PADI certified diving pool and a picturesque infinity pool. Guests can swim in a freshwater pool, and man made coral reef.
- BEYOND CONCIERGE – The JW Marriott offers Club 91, a boutique hotel within the resort on the 14th floor that offers premium accommodations and access to exclusive services. Marriott staff members provide VIP Experiences that includes transportation to the hotel from the airport, unpack your bags and provide access to the “Lounge Club 91” which offers five meals per day for two adults and two children under six and International beverages. Guests also receive complimentary access to the second floor spa.
- PIZZA TIME – Inside the JW Marriott gift shop is a gourmet pizza oven. They have created their own Pizza brand that is popular with guests to eat at the beach, next to the pool or back in their room.
- HISTORICAL SITES – Various ecological and archaeological Mayan ruin sites such as Tulum and Coba are also located within two hours of the resorts.
For more information on CasaMagna – http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/cunmx-casamagna-marriott-cancun-resort/
To learn more about the JW Marriott Cancun – http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/cunjw-jw-marriott-cancun-resort-and-spa/