Shortly before the Golden Globes Award Show, talent, nominees and a few media people are invited to attend the ultimate luxury Red Carpet Style Lounge at the SLS Hotel in Beverly Hills.
It’s a feast for the eyes with a ballroom filled with skin and hair care products, clothing, jewelry, hair brushes, children’s products and clothing, leather organizers, perfume, South African crafts, wine and tickets to Santa Anita Race Track.
Here are 16 of the products presented and gifted to guests attending the event on Friday, January 8, 2016.
- Twisted J Apparel – Cody and Luann Johnson own a 1800 acre ranch West of Stephenville, Texas. Their branding iron is a twisted letter “J.” Besides raising horses and cattle, they decided to design a clothing line and boutique. “It’s a family affair,” said Cody. “My two daughters, son, and Mom work with Luann and I.” Cody told me that brands are used to show the world what belongs to you. “Want to have your own custom T? We bring your design to life.” Apparel by Twisted J, takes the job of branding to a whole new level. Their mission appeals to celebrities, cowboys and cowgirls – “Ride For Your Brand.” They offer a line of tee shirts, hoodies, jackets, and caps. Guests received the coolest tote bag of the day with a Twisted J shirt and hat. Twisted J Website.
- Scentuals – The owners of Scentuals gave guests a tote bag filled with 100% natural products. It’s skincare products at affordable prices offering therapeutic and aromatherapy benefits. Born in Vietnam, Mai Mowrey’s brother developed cancer. They learned from doctors how toxins, consuming foods with chemical preservatives and additives, and pesticides not only affected the environmental, but also one’s health. Mowrey began looking for a company which would provide a product that would help, not hurt, people. She couldn’t find one that offered products made with wholesome ingredients that include coconut, olive oils, Shea butters, herbs, spices, grains and 100% pure essential oils. So she created her own company offering these ingredients without harmful petroleum, parabens, sulfates, dyes, SLS, silicone, and DEA. Her products have never been tested on animals. I like her goat milk mint handmade soap with pure essential oils. “It takes 12 weeks to make, and doesn’t strip one’s body of their own natural oils.” Mowrey told me. She lives in British Columbia, Canada and her company makes small batch products of the highest quality and standards. I really like her vanilla & tangerine hand lotion and lip conditioner. To order these products, go to Scentuals
3. Santa Anita Park – Winning Jockey Iggy Puglisi and Alison Wright handed guests an envelope with an invitation for four guest passes to The Chandelier Room for a guest chef series event with four complimentary beverages, valet parking, and Clubhouse admission. Santa Anita has been home to some of the most famous Thoroughbreds in the world including Seabiscuit, Zenyatta, and the 2015 Triple Crown Champion, American Pharoah. http://www.santaanita.com
4. Pretty Woman Perfume – The beautiful Barbara Orbison, wife of Roy Orbison created a lingering perfume inspired by her husband’s iconic song “Oh, Pretty Woman.” Orbison’s song inspired the title for the 1990 feature film, Pretty Woman starring Richard Gere and Julia Roberts. Emily Orbison is the granddaughter of Roy Orbison and Director of Merchandising the perfume with a headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee. Emily and Bethany handed guests bottles of the Pretty Woman Perfume. It’s a delightful melody of florals, spices and woods. Emily told us, “The perfume was inspired to make every woman feel pretty.” There is an essence of vanilla, red rose and fresh amber that offers a lingering and pleasing smell. The bottle of the perfume was selected from prestigious fashion houses in Paris. Barbara Orbison worked closely with the graphic designers to craft the packaging and label offering the elegance of the fragrance. prettywomanperfume.com
5. Oleavicin – The owners of the Santa Barbara Olive Company discovered that the leaf of an olive tree is one of the most healing natural and safe remedies for fever blisters, cold sores and canker sores. Developed in conjunction with virologists and patented science, Oleavicin combines the most potent olive leaf extract available with other bio-nutrients in an exclusive formula designed to break the viral infection cycle. Oleavicin protects and restores skin cells immediately on contact. For thousands of years, olive tree leaves quickly and naturally treat a variety of skin conditions including cold sores, fever blisters, rashes, infections, dry skin, wrinkles, and blemishes. Research suggests that the active agent in olive leaf extract is a robust phytonutrient or natural compound called oleuropein. Visit www.Oleavicin.com
6. Tesla – Caitlin Sweetser, the Tesla Santa Monica Store Coordinator offered invitations for a test drive of a Tesla and a beautiful red key chain. Tesla’s advanced electric powertrain offers exhilarating performance. There is no gasoline internal combustion engine with hundreds of moving parts. Tesla only has one moving piece: the rotor. The Model S accelerates instantly, silently and smoothly travels easily at 60 miles per hour, without hesitation, and without any gasoline. Tesla Motors
7. Eve & Nico – Each guest received a hand-woven bowl created by a group of Zulu women from Central KwaZulu Natal. The baskets are made out of recycled telephone wire. In Uganda, Eve & Nico supports the work of 150 women weavers. This woman-founded company is named after one of the owner’s children – Eve & Nico. The small baskets take four weeks to make, the larger ones take up to 20 weeks. www.eveandnico.com8. Fernanda is a #1 body mist seller in Japan. Masato Kimura told me, “The company makes over 28 body mists.” She told me, “Enjoy the moments life gives you.” The company started five years ago and is now coming to the United States. Fernanda products were handed to guests in an elegant light gray bag with silver-gray ribbon handles. Inside was a 3.4 fl. oz. bottle of Maria Regal body mist and matching fragrant hand cream.
9. BetsyWhite Stationery – Upon check in, guests received a box of cocktail napkins and greeting cards that said – Know What We Need? MORE CHAMPAGNE! This online stationery store is available in retail stores and online selling wedding invitations, save the dates, wedding logos, cocktail napkins and party invitations. To learn more, go to BestyWhite Stationery
10. Fuel – handed guests products that are usually only given to professional salons. The Frizz-Free Shine Mist was launched in March offering bamboo extract providing luster, eco-friendly packaging without aerosol. It’s just a shish of fine mist perfect for a red carpet appearance. It’s paraben, and gluten-free and vegan friendly. www.fuelhair.com
11. Santa Barbara Wine – Upon walking down the red carpet into the ballroom, the first display was of Santa Barbara Winery’s Gold Medal red and white wines. They are known for their Chardonnay, Syrah, Pinot Noir and Cabernet Sauvignon. Wine representatives offered tastings to guests. To learn more, go to Santa Barbara Wine
12. Sculpey® oven-bake clays from Polyform Products – Known as “A world of bright ideas,” I was very excited to meet Denice Steinmann, the CEO of the company headquartered in Illinois. She offered each guest a bag of Sculpey® oven-bake clays from Polyform Products Sculpey clay. Since this is one of my 10-year-old daughter’s favorite craft items to sculpt, I was very excited to meet and talk to Steinmann. “The company has become one of the most desirable craft clays on the market today. An entire culture has sprouted from web sites, newsgroups, and conferences. Click on link Sculpey for tutorials on how to get started.
13. BettyBoop – I met the actress Tonya Renee Banks of Little Women LA at the Betty Boop t-shirt display. We both received one of the adorable shirts.
14. Denman Brush – Gave guests 24k gold handle brushes to use before and after the red carpet. I met with Karen Batley the Marketing Executive from Denman. She told me, “The first Denman brush was made in 1938. It’s a private, family-owned business with headquarters in Bangor, Northern Ireland. Click on http://www.denmanbrushus.comDenman Brush
15. Brevena – Christie Naegele, the Director of Marketing & Sales handed beautiful blue silk bags to guests. Inside was a 2 fl. oz jar of restoring and hydrating overnight cream and Intensive foot and heel repair. Both are ideal creams to apply liberally to cracked heels and a freshly cleaned face and neck after the Golden Globes every night. “Skin Matters. Love Your Skin” is their motto. What began more than 20 years ago for care of burned and wounded skin, turned out to be a profound skin care made of purified oat beta glucan offering intense hydration for softer, smoother and rejuvenated skin. Link – brevena.com.
16. derma|e – Natural skincare solutions that work. Guests received a natural cosmetic bag filled with a 4 oz. tube of purifying daily detox scrub with Marine algae with activated charcoal. It exfoliates away pollutants and impurities and is gentle to use daily. Also, a purifying 2-in-1 charcol mask purges pores of toxins and exfoliates away micro pollutants. To learn more about their products, go to dermae|e
To learn more about Secret Room Events click on this link http://finance.yahoo.com/news/secret-room-events-host-honor-191300229.html