Since National Cheeseburger Day is September 18, I thought I would list my favorite burger spots in LA. These are my go-to places to sink my teeth into a burger layered with textures and flavors.
- K Ramen. Burger. Beer. – Located at the lively The Americana on Brand in Glendale, above Katsura is a great burger spot. This burger features 1/2 pound beef topped with caramelized onion, tomato, American Cheese, and the chef’s slightly spicy and creamy secret sauce. It’s served with your choice of fries or tots. K Ramen will be offering 50% off the delicious K Burger all day on Sunday, September 19. Order a Kirin frozen beer to pair with this tasty burger. 702 Americana Way, Glendale (818)244-5900. Read my review of K Ramen. Burger. Beer – https://dineandtravel.me/2016/07/03/k-ramen-ramen-poke-burgers-and-beer/
2. Napa Valley Grille – The chefs have crafted a brand new exclusive purge dubbed, “The Westwood Juicy Lucy,” that is stuffed with Monterey Jack cheese, fried shallots, Early Girl tomato, arugula, and charred Serrano ketchup. It’s served with truffled tater tots. This burger pair nicely with a ripe and bold Merlot. Read my review of Napa Valley Grille – https://dineandtravel.me/2016/09/13/the-newly-opened-napa-valley-grille/
3. LAMILL – Stop by LAMILL Coffee boutique in Silverlake for the juicy LAMILL Burger. It features a 7 oz. Boulder Valley burger topped with roasted tomatoes, hook’s cheddar cheese, romaine slaw and a brioche bun. This burger is served with a side of fries. Be sure to enjoy it with a craft beer or creme brûlée latte. Here’s my review and information about LAMILL – https://dineandtravel.me/2016/09/13/lamill-coffee-boutique-in-silverlake/
4. Umami Burger – What makes these burgers different than others? Umami is one of the five basic taste sensations that includes sweetness, sourness, saltiness and bitterness. The American Wagyu beef patties on Adam Fleischman’s burgers are made with a little soy sauce and Umami dust, comprised of ground dried porcini mushrooms and dried fish heads to give the burger a savory flavor. Try the truffle burger, or keep it classic with the original Umami Burger. Looking for a fine fish burger? Try the ahi tuna burger, branded with the signature “U.” It’s the quintessential California fare with avocado, sprouts and shaved ginger carrots. Fleischman has 15 Umami Burger locations in Southern California, including one at LAX. 852 S. Broadway (213)413-8626.
5. Slater’s 50/50 – Founded in 2009 by Scott Slater and Executive Chef Brad Lyons. They created the worlds first 50 % ground beef from the top 12% of quality grass-fed cattle in North America with 50% ground bacon. Each patty meets a high-criteria for maturing, marbling, color, texture and firmness. The burger is weighed after cooking, not before. At Slater’s 50/50 there are a variety of burgers on the menu. The most popular is Peanut Butter & Jellousy. It has a Sterling Silver ground beef patty topped with a thick cut of bacon, creamy peanut butter and strawberry jelly on a honey oat wheat bun. Some people order it a la mode for a meal and dessert combination. It may sound odd, but we tried this burger without the ice cream. It was sumptuous. The bacon with the peanut butter and jelly make a sweet and salty combination that is very satisfying. With multiple locations, find the closest to you at https://slaters5050.com. Near LA – 61 N. Raymond Ave. Pasadena (626)765-9700.
This article is now available as a mobile app at GPSmyCity. https://www.gpsmycity.com/gps-tour-guides/los-angeles-631.html To download the app for GPS-assisted travel directions to the attractions featured in this article.