Last week I was invited to meet Georges Midleje, the General Manager of Renaissance Tuscany Il, Chocco Resort & Spa at the Palihouse in West Hollywood. I looked forward to meeting Midleje to learn about Tuscany, Italy and trying a few of Executive Chef Kris Tomonaga’s dishes at the onsite Mardi restaurant.
Midleje rebranded the Marriott Rome and now is at this beautiful Tuscany property.
While enjoying avocado toast with pickled garlic and thinly sliced red onions and a grilled salmon salad (read my Review of Mardi featured in the Beverly Press), I learned this vacation destination was a private estate that was rebranded in 2012. The Renaissance properties in Europe are more elegant than many of the properties in America.
Here are 10 Fun Facts about this authentic Italian Villa resort on 1,700 beautiful acres landscaped with olive and chestnut trees:
- This resort is ideal for couples and families. Every guest room offers luxury bedding, marble bathroom, wi-fi, a mini-bar and a flat-screen TV. Some private balconies.
2. Lionel Richie’s music video “All Night Long” was filmed at the hotel.
3. Pisa is the closest airport to fly into. It’s bigger than Florence and a one hour drive by rental car. Take a private 8 seat helicopter from Rome to the property on a 1 hour and 15 minute ride in the sky.
4. Accommodations similar to this in Florence would cost twice as much as it does in Tuscany.
5. Visit Lucca a Renaissance-era walled city filled with cobblestone streets, shops and dining destinations.
6. Situated on 1,700 acres with grounds in the heart of Tuscany’s unspoiled Serchio Valley.
7. Dine at La Veranda, the resort’s signature restaurant for true farm to table authentic local cuisine.
8. Attend a culinary cooking class to learn how to make authentic Italian pasta.
9. Guests can rejuvenate at the on-site spa and relax in one of our two pools. Nearby thermal waters rise from the hills around the area.
10. An ideal home base for Tuscany’s most noteworthy attractions – Barga, Lucca and Pisa to see the architectural marvel of the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
To make a reservation at this property while exploring Italy, click on this link – Renaissance Tuscany II, Chocco Resort & Spa
The review of the restaurant Mardi was also featured in the Beverly Press and Park LaBrea News.