Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue, Celebrate Love with A Cocktail or Two!
(Photos by Jerica Coert, Moretti Photo, & acuna-hansen)
Los Angeles has some of the most creative bartenders and mixologists in California. Here are 10 new cocktails that will be offered on Valentine’s Day at various hot spots in Los Angeles. If you don’t live in Southern California, here are the ingredients the mixologists shared with me to inspire you to make the same cocktail at home.
- Pomegranate Margarita at Casita Del Campo – Forget a bouquet of roses for your sweetheart. Instead, celebrate Valentine’s Day with a delicious spin on a classic margarita. It’s prepared blended or on the rocks with a pour of tequila, fresh squeezed lime juice, a splash of triple sec, pomegranate juice, and fresh pomegranate garnish. Open Feb. 14 from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m; 1920 Hyperion Avenue, Los Angeles, (323)662-4255 www.CasitaDelCampo.com .
- Shot At Love at CHAYA Downtown – There won’t be any broken hearts for those who enjoy this libation created by Marco Currasco at CHAYA Downtown. Prepared with love with a pour of Deep Eddy Vodka, Yuzu Sake, muddled strawberries, lemon juice, simple syrup, egg white, and garnished with a Campari heart and lime twist. After sipping this, enjoy the special Valentine’s Day menu offered from 5 to 10 p.m. 525 South Flower Street, Los Angeles, (213)236-9577 www.TheChaya.com.
- Love Potion by Erica Venning at Chaya Venice – This beautiful cocktail will give your the courage to declare your love for that special someone. Tantalize the taste buds with vodka, lemon, simple syrup, egg white, and pomegranate elixir. Chaya Venice is also offering a Bottomless Rosé Brute all night for just $15 per person. Open 5:30 to 10 p.m. 110 Nacy Street, Venice, (310.396.1179) www.TheChaya.com.
- Just Footloose at Spring – will inspire you to give your loved one a twirl. Mixologist Freddy De La Paz creates an elegant libation made with Tarea Silver Tequila, Grand Marnier, blood orange, agave nectar, and lemon. Open from 5 to 10 pm. 257 S. Spring Street, Los Angeles, (213)372-5189. www.SpringLosAngeles.com.
- Drink, Pray, Love at Spring – Freddy De La Paz is preparing a special cocktail on Valentine’s Day at Spring’s romantic Springside lounge. Prepared with Hangar One Rosé Vodka, Dolin Blanc, Luxardo Maraschino, and rose water, this cocktail embodies romance with every sip. After ordering your drink look over special four- course menu. Open from 5 to 10 pm. 257 S. Spring Street, Los Angeles, (213)372-5189. www.SpringLosAngeles.com.
- Actually Love Actually – Freddy De La Paz also makes a lip licking cocktail to toast with your loved one in the Atrium of Spring. It’s a blend of Burnett’s London Dry Gin, strawberry, basil, and lime. This cocktail is to be enjoyed until every last drop. Open from 5 to 10 pm. 257 S. Spring Street, Los Angeles, (213)372-5189. www.SpringLosAngeles.com.
- Sunset & Vinyl’s Off Sunset – Mixologist Devon Espinoza creates a pretty drink that will elevate your mood. Sit at the bar or lounge to sip a Tequila Blanco, grapefruit, house grenadine, and jalapeño cocktail. This drink will have you dancing while listening to the classic record player spin records all night long. Open for Valentine’s Day from 6 to 2 a.m.; 1521 Vine Street, Los Angeles, (424)646-3375. www.SunsetandVinyl.com.
- The FLATS in Beverly Hills – Sit in the hanging basket chair in the bar and order one of Mixologist Shaun Summers’ beautiful Angel Face cocktails. It’s made with cranberry infused apple brandy and gin blend, apricot liquor, Nocino, and garnished with a housemade fruit roll-up. This drink will make you swirl before enjoying Chef Paul Shoemaker’s creative dinner. 8400 Wilshire Blvd. (310)909-7549. www.TheFLATSRestaurant.com
- The Raymond 1886 offers Cupid’s Arrow – Mixologist Peter Lloyd Jones will get you in the mood for love this Valentine’s Day while sipping a pretty drink made with hibiscus, cava, and lemon. It’s bright, bubbly and will liven your spirits as if you were just struck by Cupid. 1886 is open Midnight on Valentine’s Day. 1250 S. Fair Oaks Ave., Pasadena, (626)441-3136. www.TheRaymond.com
- The Sazarac Lover – The Raymond 1886 – Peter Lloyd Jones creates a soulful cocktail that will warm your heart. It’s made with Ritten House Rye, Peychaud Bitters, Absinthe Rise, sugar cube, and a lemon peel. 1250 S. Fair Oaks Ave., Pasadena, (626)441-3136. www.TheRaymond.com.
Sip a Rose Bowl created by Patrick Tang at Twohey’s Tavern – This blush colored cocktail has a rosebud garnish to brighten your spirits. Prepared with Pisco, gin, rosé syrup, egg whites, and strawberry, this effervescent cocktail is easy to enjoy during your romantic evening with that special someone. Open for Valentine’s Day for dinner from 5 to 10 p.m., with the Bar open until 11 p.m. 2835 E. Foothill Blvd., Pasadena, (626)449-2337 www.Twohey’sTavern.com.