While attending an all-inclusive food, drinks, cars and fun festival at the CBS Studio Center Back Lot, I first admired some classic cars by the Television Motion Picture Car Club, before finding my Top 8 favorite food and beverage destinations. Set at the CBS Studio Center, this is the back lot where some of the most beloved movie and television shows were filmed, including Father of the Bride, Dr. Dolittle, Gunsmoke, Seinfeld and American Housewife. Here are my Top 10 favorite tastings:
3. Best Seafood – Gasolina Cafe – Sandwich de Camarones made with shrimp, tomato aioli, guindilla, peppers, pickles and onions on mini brioche buns. 21014 Ventura Blvd. Woodland Hills (818) 914-4033. 4. Winner of Healthy Water – detoxwater. It’s a premium line of bioactive aloe water enhanced with electrolytes and vitamins. At only 30 calories per bottle, it delivers the clinically proven benefits of pure aloe vera juice – an ingredient known to support healthy digestion, immune function, nutrient absorption and improved skin elasticity – detox
5. Best Pulled Pork Sandwich on a Hawaiian bun at BARREL & ASHES in Studio City. Executive Chef: Rory Herrmann. 11801 Ventura Blvd, Studio City (818)623-8883.
6. BREWYARD Beer Company won my favorite beer. It’s a new micro-brewery in Glendale, California specializing in a new category of Lagers known as “Common” Lagers. 906 Western Ave. Glendale (818)409-9448 – brewyardbeercompany.com.
7. McConnells Ice Cream wins Best Ice Cream Sundae. They have four brick and mortar locations and sell their pints in most major grocery stores. Their innovative flavors are made with natural ingredients. https://mcconnells.com/
8. Best Indian Cuisine at Bollywood Bites. They have two locations – Westwood and Sherman Oaks. They also have a food truck and catering. Known for their delicious Bombay dishes. 1051 Gayley Avenue, Los Angeles, (310)824-1046 and 13355 Ventura Blvd. Sherman Oaks, (818)855-1718. 9. Best Cook. Eat. Shop. BLVD Kitchen served great Pickles, Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies, Brownies and Chocolate Crispy Treats – BLVD. Kitchen. This restaurant in Sherman Oaks is also a Cooking School offering a variety of fun cooking classes for all ages. 13545 Ventura Blvd, Sherman Oaks (844) 454-2583. http://www.theblvdkitchen.com
10. Prettiest Cakes and Fun desserts CAKE BASH. Executive pastry chef and owner Karla Peguero brings a unique twist to classic desserts and introduces new flavors. 17246 Vanowen St, Lake Balboa (818)578-3085.
Every year, Flavor of LA aims to recognize and support a local charity that works to improve the lives of Angelenos. For the Second annual event they selected L.A. Kitchen. The organization believes that neither food nor people should ever go to waste. They reclaim healthy, local food that would otherwise be discarded, train men and women who are unemployed for jobs, and providing healthy meals to fellow citizens – www.lakitchen.org.