Summer temperatures are rising, yet LEGOLAND offers multiple venues to keep your family happy and cool. Here are 5 solutions to beat the heat:
- LEGO® City: Deep Sea Adventure submarine ride at LEGOLAND® California Resort. The interactive ride features more than 2,000 sea animals including several five species of sharks, several species of rays including a southern stingray with a five-foot wing span. Tropical fish swim amid new LEGO® models around a ship’s sunken treasure. For the first time in the United States, LEGOLAND California Resort brings guests onboard 22,000 pound submarines where guests discover a truly amazing world filled with real sea animals. Through the use of interactive touchscreens at each porthole inside the sub, guests can help the LEGO® minifigure dive team identify LEGO® gems, pearls, and gold coins throughout the more than four minute journey. Guests can reach one of three levels during each ride: Junior, Senior and Master Explorer. The submarine ride will be included in the price of admission this summer at LEGOLAND California Resort. For more information and to sign up for insider updates, visit LEGOLAND.com/deepsea2018.
- SEA LIFE® aquarium helps families learn about the life of the sea, by combining active hands-on learning with close encounters with sharks, octopi and rays. The new exhibit – Sea at Night inspires visitors to stroll in a gentle surf under a starry sky – during the day Walk, jump and “splash” in a simulated bioluminescent tide. Any LEGOLAND ticket can be upgraded to include SEA LIFE Aquarium admission for $22.
- LEGO CHIMA Water Park climb aboard a shipwrecked pirate vessel and stand beneath a 38-foot-tall mast. Looming overhead is over 300 gallons of water that is ready to come pouring down at any moment to drench you in the hot sun. Zip along a curving blue slide and then “splash out” into a pool of water at the end. Gather four riders and board a giant orange raft to slide and spin while rushing past the Water Park Tower on a giant orange half pipe. Build cities, dams and bridges out of DUPLO bricks and test them against the flow of water.
- Ride the Pirate Shores Water rides to fire water cannons across the ships’ bows to get others wet and race down a flume between battling ships to cool off.
- Stay in one of the two LEGOLAND Resort Hotels – LEGOLAND Hotel or the LEGOLAND Castle Hotel. Both are located at the entrance of LEGOLAND California. Both offer registered guests a free breakfast buffet. Both hotels have guest rooms with a separate kid’s area with LEGO building tables and a scavenger hunt in every room. LEGOLAND Hotel offers interactive LEGO features throughout and a choice of LEGO themed rooms – Pirate, Kingdom, Adventure, LEGO NINJAGO or LEGO Friends. The 250 LEGOLAND Castle offers three different themed rooms with your choice of Knights & Dragons, Royal Princess or Magic Wizard. There is an Enhanced Pool Area featuring a zero entry pool featuring interactive water play features and whirlpool spa. Nearby is the Entertainment Courtyard Play zones for kids of all ages including a DUPLO tot spot, slides, an outdoor stage and cinema with seating for early evening movie nights.