When I think Coachella, I think of a music festival in the desert. When I think L.A. Foodie Fest, I think I better wear my #StretchyPants or flowy dress to Santa Anita Park.
The 10th Annual L.A. Food Fest is this Saturday, June 29th on the grassy infield at Santa Anita Park from 2 to 7 p.m. It’s the perfect Linner (Late Lunch + Early Dinner) event.
Here’s 10 Fun Facts:
- It’s BIG! Just 5,000 entrance tickets are sold (1500 VIP and 3500 GA).
- VIP Tickets are worth the price. The event opens at 2 p.m., however $99 VIP ticketing and ID check begins at 1:30pm. Arrive at Gate 6 at Santa Anita Park – 275 Colorado Place, Arcadia. General Admission tickets are $69 and gates open at 3 p.m. Your entrance ticket is all inclusive. Pay once and eat and drink to your heart’s content. Every vendor prepares at least 3,000 (yep, three thousand!) portions for our attendees, but the most popular ones always run out first. Be sure to check the map and hit your faves first so you don’t miss out.
- Picnic in the Park. Since the event is on the grassy areas of the infield, bring a blanket for picnics.
- Coffee Lovers. There is an iced coffee lounge featuring BEAROLOGY (GF), CAFE DE LECHE (GF), CHAMELEON COLD BREW, and UNINCORPORATED COFFEE (V/GF).
- #STRETCHYPANTS Worthy Eats. Nearly 100 of the city’s best restaurants, chefs, food carts, stands and food trucks include – PIZZA OF VENICE, THE GRILLED CHEESE TRUCK, A’S BBQ, PINCHES FLAUTAS, BARRANCO LOUNGE, FISHIN’ FOR BREWS, CUIZINA, OAK SMOKE BBQ, EK’BALAM YUCATAN CUISINE, LUCK DISH CURRY, POKE BAR, SUSHI ROKU, EAGLE ROCK PUBLIC HOUSE, PASTA SISTERS, MI PIACE and FOURTH & HEART.
- Bars, brews and beverages. STELLA ARTOIS, ESSENTIA WATER, RIBOLI FAMILY WINES, MICHELOB GOLD ORGANIC, GOLDEN ROAD BREWING, NATURE WELL, BIRDS & BEES, MISTER O’S, CITRUS GROVE DISTILLERS, SPINDRIFT, and many more.
- Nearly a dozen of Mexico’s top chefs will be preparing Nuevo Gastropub cuisine.
- Tequila Tasting. Lucha Tequila, AGUIRRE TEQUILA IMPORTS, Corazon Azul Spirits, Mission Cielo Mezcal, La Bendicion Mezcal, and more.
- Ice Cream & Dessert Social. Egg puff waffles from Puffect Bakery Cafe, Voodoo Doughnuts, The Pie Hole, Uncle Tetsu’s Japanese Cheesecake, Love Swirls, You Had me at Helado, The Donuttery, Communitea Bakery, 12 Oaks Desserts, Peaches Bakeshop, MyMo Mochi, Luv Spun, Bertha Mae’s Brownies and Naturewell Juice Bar.
- National Geographic Lounge. Get an exclusive preview of Gordon Ramsay’s upcoming National Geographic series and taste dishes inspired by the show in the NatGeo lounge.
Get your tickets at LAfoodfest.com.