Once a month at sunset when visiting hours are over at Descanso Gardens, a new evening event series, Cultivate, offers guests a learning opportunity about nature and the foothills in a new way.
It’s a fun date night activity to take a guided tour to learn about hidden garden stories. Attend talks by guest speakers about science, nature, people’s relationship’s to plants and the world around you. Listen to music under the trees and enjoy a meal at the new dining destination, The Kitchen at Descanso.
For families, there will be hands-on activities for all ages. Juliann Rooke, Descanso Gardens’ Executive Director said “We’re thrilled to offer new ways for members and non-members alike to enjoy the Gardens and explore everything they have to offer—especially at night!.”
Starting this Saturday February 1, and taking place once a month through September 4, Cultivate begins at 5:30 p.m., with informative talks, food and drink by The Kitchen at Descanso. Tickets are $5 for members, and $15 nonmembers and advance registration is required at www.descansogardens.org.
Here is the Cultivate Schedule:
- Saturday, February 1: Under the Oaks Theatre. 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 7: Hilltop Gardens. 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 4: Rose Garden. 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, May 4: Oak Grove. 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Sunday, June 7: Wellness. 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Sunday, July 4: Camellia Garden. 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Sunday, August 2: Sound and Movement. 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Friday, September 4: Oak Grove. 5:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Descanso Gardens is a public garden located at 1418 Descanso Drive, La Cañada Flintridge, CA 91011. It’s open daily (closed Christmas) from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is $9 for adults; $6 for seniors and students with a school I.D.; $4 for children 5 to 12, and free for ages 4 and younger.
Descanso Gardens is a member-supported garden accredited by the American Alliance of Museums. Join Descanso Gardens and enjoy free admission and early entry year-round. Information: (818) 949-4200 or descansogardens.org.