Just because you can’t celebrate Cinco de Mayo this year at a bar or restaurant, doesn’t mean you can’t have a really fun fiesta at home. Here is a list of restaurants and entrepreneurial companies that are helping #Stayathome followers shout Ole’ all day!
1. Order a Cinco de Mayo family meal from LOQUI to be delivered to your home or for contactless pick-up on Mary 5. The meal comes a choice of two proteins (chicken, mushroom, pork or beef), rice, beans, a dozen flour tortillas, guacamole, chips, cilantro, purple onion, cotija cheese, salsa roja and chip salsa. To decorate your house LOQUI is including banner decorations, one paper centerpiece flower and Mexican candy. Options to add to your meal include a choice of one bottle of wine or six beers. Delivery is available via Chownow, Postmates & Caviar. Pre-order this special now for May 5 at https://www.eatloqui.com/store/catering/. LOQUI Culver City has a drive-thru via the PLATFORM at 3920 Landmark Ave., Culver City, (310)220-7260 and street to-go on Traction Ave., at 818 E. 3rd St. Suite 150, DTLA, (213)265-7558.
2. All El Torito locations on Tuesday, May 5 order from four different Cinco De Mayo Kits to celebrate at home. All kits come with four sombreros. This is for To-Go or delivery. Call in your order for pickup and enjoy $10 off any $35 orders. They will bring your food and beverages to you for curbside pickup. Fiesta Taco Kit and a Pitcher of House Margaritas for $50 or $55 for Cadillac Margaritas: Build your own Tacos with Choice of Two: Chicken, Steak or Carnitas. Kit includes: Corn or Flour Tortillas, Rice, Refried Beans or Frijoles de la Olla, Shredded Cheese, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Sour Cream, Chips & Salsa and Sweet Corn Cake. Plus, a pitcher of Margaritas. Fiesta Fajita Kit and a Pitcher of House Margaritas for $60 or $65 for Cadillac Margaritas: Build your own Fajitas with Choice of: Chicken or Steak. Kit includes: Corn or Flour Tortillas, Grilled Veggies, Guacamole, Rice, Refried Beans or Frijoles de la Olla, Chips & Salsa and Sweet Corn Cake. Plus, a pitcher of Margaritas.
3. TREJO de MAYO – Danny Trejo’s Tacos & Cantinas are offering a Celebration Box to Celebrate at Home. The Trejo De Mayo Celebration Box includes a family meal for four people with one (4) pack of Trejo’s Cerveza and two 16oz OG Margaritas (each serves 2 Margaritas). The price of the box is and $99, and available now through Tuesday, May 5 for pick-up and delivery through Postmates and Chownow. 1048 S La Brea Ave and 1556 N. Cahuenga Blvd., Los Angeles.
4. Casa Vega owner Christy Vega is offering a Cinco de Mayo Quarantine Taco Kit that includes crispy tacos, a pint of rice and beans, and a half gallon of classic Margaritas (64oz, approximately 8 drinks) for $80. This feeds 4-6 people. Casa Vega will is open from 12 to 8 pm daily. Dining solo? Combination plates, Street Tacos, Taquitos de Juan (chicken flautas), and Burritos are available with beer and wine. Their classic Margarita and other variations are available in a single serving mason jar with ice, ready to drink for $7-9. Order directly by phone (818-788-4868) or online via the Casa Vega website. Guests can pick up and stay in their car. A Casa Vega staff member will place you order in the trunk or backseat. Employees will undergo mandatory temperature checks before their shift, wear masks, and uphold proper distancing guidelines to ensure a safe environment for both guests and staff.
5. Madre’s Cinco de Mayo celebration in the comfort of your home. Madre is located in Palms and Torrance, providing everything you need for your at-home Cinco de Mayo celebration. Start with Oaxacan breakfast bowls, omelets and Oaxacan family style brunch packs. Be sure to include mescal mimosas, champagne bottles and frozé to-go. Cinco de Mayo dinners include taco kits and mezcal margaritas for takeout and delivery. The $25 Taco Kit includes chips + guacamole, two chicken tacos, two asada tacos, two carnitas tacos, and two aguas frescas. They also are offering a $12 Mole Bowl Kit that includes grilled chicken, grilled veggies with corn, rice, beans and mole for takeout and delivery. Beverage kits include a $15 beer kit with Michelada mix that serves 6, and a six-pack of beer for $12. Madre cocktail mix “movers and shakers” includes mezcal Reposado, tequila Reposado, agave, mole bitters, Benèdictine and limes for $10. Call Madre for pickup at the Palms and Torrance locations, or order for delivery through Chownow, Grubhub, Doordash, Postmates, Caviar, Delivery.com and UberEats. 10426 National Blvd., (310)559-4732 and 261 Cabrillo Ave., (310)974-8005.
6. Burritos Locos for Cinco de Mayo – The Madera Group known for their Tocaya Organica and Toca Madera restaurants is launching Burritos Locos, a craveable, indulgent burrito concept launched in response to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Residents in West Hollywood, Downtown LA, Hollywood, Playa Vista and Westwood can order via Postmates seven days a week from 11 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. This new effort allows The Madera Group to bring employees back to work, which is hugely important to the team. The menu has a spicy beef Pablo’s Spicy beef burritos; organic diablo chicken burrito called the Nashville Hot Chicken, and a vegan burrito called Beyond Ridiculous made with vegan picadillo, sauteed peppers and onions, roasted tomato salsa, vegan mozzarella, cilantro lime rice, and black beans. For children, The Little Loco burrito is available. Add fries, Locos sauce and guacamole. Beer and other beverages are also available to be delivered to your home. To order, go to https://www.burritoslocosla.com.
7. Cutwater Spirits is a San Diego company that makes a variety of satisfying cocktails in cans. Their lime margarita brings Baja’s favorite beverage delivered to your door for Cinco de Mayo and summer fun in your backyard. The tequilas agave gives this cocktail a floral aroma mixed with tart lime, hint of orange and triple sec for a smooth finish. Just crush some ice, pop the top and pour.
8. Go Rogue on Cinco de Mayo with their canned cocktails. They offer two spirits Rogue Bayfront Vodka and Rogue Spirits Gin. The vodka is the base for the Cranberry Elderflower Vodka Soda; Grapefruit Vodka Soda and Ginger Lime Vodka Mule. Rogue Spirits Gin is the base for the Cucumber Lime Gin Fizz. Rogue canned cocktails are available online for delivery to your home at https://buy.rogue.com.
9. Enjoy Pulp Chips during Cinco de Mayo – Pulp Pantry makes healthier grain-free tortilla chips that are vegetable based and made from fresh, upcycled pressed greens. These chips provide a good source of fiber in every serving, and offer the same crunch as regular tortilla chips. By supporting Pulp Pantry you are keeping their warehouse lights on and production team working. The Jalapeño Lime Pulp Chips offers a slightly spicy burn that packs the heat during Cinco De Mayo. Each chip is made with organic celery and kale fiber offering 4 to 5 grams of fiber per serving, or a full day’s serving of fiber in each bag. They are also gluten-free, plant-based and non-GMO. Other flavors include Sea Salt, Barbecue and Salt ’n’ Vinegar. To order and have a box sent to your door, go to https://pulppantry.com.
10. Beanfield Snacks offers savory cracklins and chips made from beans packed with protein and fiber—a superfood. Tortilla chips made with corn are calorically challenged and used as a filler. Bean snacks are both tasty and wholesome. Their PICO DE GALLO chip offers a hint of tomato and onion balanced by a hit of peppers. Their NACHO and SPICY NACHO chips offers 4g of protein and 4g of fiber per serving. What’s nice about this food product company is they work with So Cal Homeboy Industries, supporting those who need a hand overcoming life’s challenges. Click on link to order and have a box delivered to your door.