Where will you celebrate? Here’s some favorite spots that are offering creative specials on October 4, 2020.
For the third year in a row, LA’s Tito’s Tacos and Austin’s Tito’s Handmade Vodka are teaming up to donate money to the World Central Kitchen and will be giving away items on Sunday, Oct. 4 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., To celebrate National Vodka Day and National Taco Day, both iconic brands will be available at Tito’s Tacos. Stop by to receive a goodie bag with a bottle of Tito’s handmade vodka hand sanitizer, and a reusable mask. No meal purchase is necessary. Each Tito’s brand will donate $10K to benefit World Central Kitchen. Masks and social distancing are mandatory while waiting in line at Tito’s Tacos. 11222 Washington Blvd., (310)391-5780.
2. Danny Trejo The Taco Factory along with Trejo’s Tacos/Trejo’s Cantina will be doing the “Golden Ticket” again this year for National Taco Day which is on Sunday, October 4th. One lucky winner from each location (La Brea, Hollywood and Farmers Market) has the opportunity to win the Trejo’s “Golden Ticket” which grants them free tacos for the month of October (one free taco daily for the month of October).
3. Lanea Cocktail Bar free tacos on Oct. 4 from 12 to 7 p.m., Lanea Cocktail Bar is hosting a drive-thru taco stand and will offer free tacos to fire fighters and frontline workers. Others will receive one free taco with the purchase of a cocktail, and a portion of all proceeds from the day will benefit The Santa Monica Firefighters Relief Fund –
Come indulge in their “Taco & Tequila Happy Hour” with $2 tacos and $9 hand crafted canned or frozen cocktails. Lanea’s is offering Fiesta Meal picnic packs that includes tacos, chips, pico de Gallo, handmade cocktails, a Mexican serape blanket and other fun items. Drive-thru or take your tacos out on their expanded outdoor dining area. Delivery of food and alcohol is available through Toast, Grubhub, Postmates, and UberEats. Pickup is available by calling the restaurant directly. 217 S. Broadway, (424)265-7437.
4. Casa Vega celebrates National Taco Day on Oct. 4, by teaming up with iconic rock band Fall Out Boy to debut a limited edition taco during the month of October. The profits from a portion of each taco sold will be donated to No Us Without You, a charity created by Va’La Hospitality, that provides food security for undocumented back of house staff and their families.
Casa Vega owner Christy Vega and longtime friend Pete Wentz, Fall Out Boy’s bassist, dreamed up the innovative taco called “Sugar, We’re Goin’ to Get Tacos,” featuring a crispy corn shell filled with ground beef or shredded chicken, homemade queso sauce, Cool Ranch Doritos, and pico de gallo. It’s all topped with a cilantro ranch crema drizzle. Now available at Casa Vega for both take out via the restaurant’s drive-thru or dine-in on the newly converted back patio. 13301 Ventura Blvd., (818)788-4868.
5. SOL Mexican Cocina Tacos
Enjoy celebrating National Taco Day on Sunday, Oct. 4 in a spacious and safe outdoor dining area or for takeout and delivery. Inspired by the best of coastal Baja California, SOL’s kitchens feature a unique spin on fresh, healthy Mexican food. Try its award-winning carne asada vampiro taco. It’s a double corn tortillas stuffed with serrano peppers and melted Mexican cheese, and topped with carne asada, guacamole, pico de gallo, cotija cheese, and a generous drizzle of chipotle sauce. 12775 Millennium Drive #160, Playa Vista, (424)289-0066.
6. El Torito Celebrates National Taco Day starting at 3 p.m., customers can order 4 mini crispy tacos for $6. Fan favorites include Tacos Al Pastor, that features three guajillo-citrus marinated pork tacos served with frijoles de la olla and rice
The Fajita Tacos are two tortillas lightly basted with guajillo sauce and filled with marinated chicken or steak fajitas, vegetables, mushrooms, bacon, and cilantro-onion mix. 13715 Fiji Way, Marina del Rey, (310)823-8941.
7. Salazar in Frogtown has reopened and Executive Chef Jonathan Aviles, brings true Sonoran-style BBQ to LA with a menu featuring a variety of tacos served on house-made flour or corn tortillas. Options include Al Pastor, Camaron, Machaca, and Vegetable. Sit outside on the open patio, sip one of their specialty cocktails or margaritas. 2490 Fletcher Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90039 Reservations resy.com.