Throughout the month of October, Descanso Gardens has decorated for a fun and not scary, Halloween at Descanso.
Guests are invited to explore socially-distanced, pumpkin-themed displays in some of the most popular sections of Descanso Gardens.
It’s fun for the entire family, and children 14 and under are invited to wear their costumes – and masks – as they enjoy the autumn festivities in the Gardens. Here’s 10 Things to See & Do:
- Advance admission is required for non-members and can be purchased here. Descanso Gardens members get in free and do not need tickets or reservations.
2. On Halloween night, Saturday, October 31, extended hours will be reserved for members at the Family Plus level and above. The fun begins at 5:30 to 8 p.m.
3. Walk out onto the main lawn to see a house made out of pumpkins and a small hay maze.
4. Be sure to see at least 50 wooden Jack O’Lanterns bird houses with expressive faces located along the promenade area.
5. Take a photo near or under the Pumpkin arch (are they real pumpkins? find out when you get there.)
6. Under the majestic oak trees in the oak grove are pumpkin mandalas in hues of orange, blue, yellow and white.
7. The team at Descanso got creative in making wood, metal and pumpkin insect sculptures in the Camellia Forest. Find a fly, spider, dragon fly and praying mantis. Nearby is also a underwater coral sculpture.
8. Enjoy Gourmet in the Garden dining on the Magnolia Lawn from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. You must place your order 48 hours in advance. (626)793-7234 or email email@example.com.
9. Visit the Japanese Garden on the weekend (Friday – Sunday) from noon to 6 p.m. for signature cocktails and magical color changing lemonade.
10. See the pumpkin sculpture Loch Ness monster in the center circle.
Non-member admission is on sale now. Purchase your tickets here. Descanso Gardens members do not need tickets. Member-only hours are 8–9am.
9am to 5pm: Advance tickets needed for non-members. Descanso Gardens members can enter anytime.
9am to 8pm: Advance tickets needed for non-members. Descanso Gardens members can enter anytime.
October 31 (Halloween)
9am to 5pm: Advance tickets needed for non-members. Descanso Gardens members can enter anytime. Come in from 5pm to 8pm exclusively for members at the Family Plus level and above.