World Environment Day is on June 5, 2021. It’s a day when the United Nations declared a day for encouraging worldwide awareness and action to protect our environment. Small changes can make a big impact, and the following products are made, because these companies care about our environment.
- Bar None Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner – This hydrating shampoo and conditioner bars work like liquid shampoo and conditioner without any plastic! There is zero waste, just wet your hair and and Bar None Shampoo and Conditioner and apply on hair. It’s vegan and cruelty free and costs $12 a bar. It can be purchased at bar-none.co and urbanoutfitters.com.
2. HydroJug is a 1/2 a gallon container that helps in preventing 60 million plastic water bottles a year from being thrown away. The environmentally friendly HydroJug has a large opening, which is different from many with small openings, making them difficult to clean. All the BPA free bottles are translucent so you can see the contents inside and have a leakproof seal. They also make a straw that has a flexible base, so you can close it inside the HydroJug.
3. The Beeswax Company – collaborate with bees and beautiful things will happen. This premier supplier of handmade beeswax candles sourced from beekeepers in Texas, are naturally scented candles from the nectar of flowers and honey packed in the honeycomb. Beeswax is 100% natural and a renewable resource. The brand offers everything from tealight, pillars, votives, tapers, candlesticks, and seasonal and specialty creations. They are thecleanest burning candles on the market. Collaborate with bees and beautiful things happen.
4. swaggr is all about reducing the carbon footprint while making the best athletic socks made from 91% recycled plastic bottles. With a million tons of plastic waste entering our oceans each year, every $1 spent = $0.01 donated to supporting ocean conservation. What’s cool is these socks made in the U.S., is they have breathable mesh, arch support, and y-stitch heel construction for a fantastic fit. This helps eliminate toe and heel rubbing, blisters and odor. Wear with pride and a little swaggr in your step. One size fits all (from kids 2 to men’s 16 sizes). Available on Amazon, Dick’s Sporting Goods, and online with free shipping on orders over $50.
5. The Ecovessel BOULDER is a vacuum insulated water bottle that will keep your drinks hot or cold all day long. Made from premium 18/8 stainless steel, it features the signature TriMax® triple insulation and keeps drinks cold up to 60 hours and hot up to 12 hours. The BOULDER stainless steel water bottle also includes a removable strainer for tea, fruit, and ice cubes. This easy cleaning container is BPA Free, BPS Free, and Phthalate Free. Plus it is recyclable.
This article was also featured in Luxe Beat Magazine.