Your smile can help you start off 2016 with more confidence if you show it off proudly. It’s one of the first impressions you make to others. A big, happy smile draws others to you. It may help you get a job, a date, or table at your favorite restaurant.
Dr. David Frey D.D.S., Beverly Hills Cosmetic Dentist offers Smile Makeovers to many of his patients. Hollywood musicians and actors call him the “Picasso” of dentistry.
Here are 8 steps he shared to help others have a dazzling smile in 2016.
1. To achieve a bright, smile you need to limit dark-colored food/drinks: red wine, coffee, and caramel colored fizzy sodas. All of these stain and wear down enamel. If that’s impossible for you then try the steps below –
2. Brush with Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide. These have numerous benefits and are a low-cost (under $5) remedy. It’s a natural treatment. Baking Soda is mildly abrasive and neutralizes acid that produces bacteria while removing stains. Hydrogen Peroxide removes stains at the molecular level from inside the porous structure of the tooth.
3. I love this one – Strawberries – Who knew they are a whitening tool and natural remedy? Strawberries contain malic acid, which behaves as an astringent to remove color molecules from the natural tooth structure. Combine baking soda and crushed strawberries; brush the mixture on the teeth with a toothbrush and leave for 5 minutes. Then rinse with water and brush the teeth with toothpaste for 2 minutes.
4. Coconut Oil is a powerful destroyer of microbes that can lead to tooth decay and gum disease. Dr. Frey subscribes to swishing coconut oil as a natural preventative.
5. Crest 3D White Professional Effects Whitestrips with Advance Seal. Dr Frey said these provides quick results & mild sensitivity. They can be purchased at most drugstores.
6. Zoom laser whitening – Dr. Frey utilizes this technique for patients that want a quick result. While the four, 15-minute cycles can be varied for those with more sensitive teeth, the complete treatment produces several shades whiter with moderate pain post the procedure. The cost is under $500.
7. Veneers will give you a movie star smile. Dr. Frey is known for repairing and correcting crooked teeth, tooth color, and a long list of other minor tweaks that can be completed in a few days. Porcelain veneers can provide perfect looking, straight teeth that take 10 years off the patient’s face for a more youthful appearance. A dramatic restoration can be completed with as few as two or four veneers on the upper teeth. Veneers can range from $1,000.00 to $2,500 per tooth depending on the patient’s needs. He does offer sleep and sedation dentistry for those who seek no discomfort.
8. Need braces? His instant orthodontics is a modern dental procedure for straightening teeth, closing gaps, and correcting overcrowding with porcelain veneers, instead of traditional braces.
Dr. David Frey authored two books, including Revitalize Your Smile. He is graduate of the University of Pacific School of Dentistry and the Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies. His patent for Zone performance-enhancing mouth guard for high impact sports .
For a consultation – Dr. David Frey is located in Beverly Hills at 462 N. Linden Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210 – (310)276-4537 -www.ThePerfectWhiteSmile.com.