The Los Angeles Travel & Adventure Show returns this weekend February 27 -28 to the Long Beach Convention Center. Since 2004, it’s the premier travel industry and consumer show helping over 1.1 million travelers connect with 2,800 travel brands.
This year there are more than 500 exhibitors, keynote speakers, culinary delights, giveaways, entertainment and innovative travel products. I attended the show this morning early and discovered some “must-see” booths. I also participated in an informative game of “Know Your Nevada – Family Feud” and won two show tickets to see Rock of Ages at the Rio All-Suite Hotel.
Here were my favorite 10 experiences at the 2016 LA Travel & Adventure Show:
- Learning about Yosemite and taking a campy photo with props next to a campfire overlooking Yosemite Valley. California and Yosemite booths (with a Rock Wall) are located near the entrance to the enormous room. Go to Booth 323.
- Eating chocolate from Los Angeles based Marco Paolo Chocolates at Booth 129. They are some of the most beautiful chocolates I’ve even seen.
- Attend a cooking demonstration and taste authentic Japanese cuisine from the Japan National Tourism Organization – Booth 723. Samples are handed out at the OtaJoy by Otafuku. On 2/28 at 1:15 p.m. at the Taste of Travel Theater, learn how to make Japanese Rice Ball, Onigiri and Japanese local Eki Bento and Wagyu Beef Nigiti sushi with Chef Andy Matsuda.
- Chat with Royalty at the United Kingdom booth 829 to plan a trip to the UK this year.
- Watch Fijian dancers from Tourism Fiji at 10:45 a.m. both days at the Global Beats Stage. Afterwards talk to them about the recent Cyclone Winston and how they have been cleaning up, repairing and recovering to reopen many properties by March 1, 2016. On Sunday at 3 p.m. Richard Akhtar leads a discussion on Fiji – The Untouched South Pacific at the Destination Theater. Visit Booth 713 to enter and possibly win a trip.
- Get a pair of cool shades and learn about the softest white sand by visiting the nice people at the Turks & Caicos Islands booth 1131.
- Sit in an airplane chair and have the GoSleep representatives put one of their patented upright sleep system masks over your eyes. You will want to bring one of these on your next red-eye or International flight to sleep restfully and not bob your head or get a stiff neck. Igenious! Booth 242.
- Visit Costa Rica’s Booth 1330 to book a special vacation at a discounted price of $1,649.
- Learn what’s new at LEGOLAND and their new 4D LEGO Adventure Movie. Pick up a pen and discount ticket flyer.
10. Visit Hawaii and learn about Maui, Moloka’i. On Sunday see a Hawaiian Hula and Polynesian Dance. Talk to some of the friendly folks and you may get a box of Macadamia chocolates.
Be sure to arrive early at 10 a.m. to avoid big crowds. Tickets are available at the door for $16, cash only. Visit http://www.LATravelShow.com. The Long Beach Convention Center is at 300 E. Ocean Blvd., Long Beach.