Los Angeles Food & Wine weekend starts Thursday, August 26 through August 28. It’s presented by Coastal Luxury Management and founding partners FOOD & WINE and Lexus. This three-night, four-day, not-to-miss culinary extravaganza takes place all over Los Angeles from Downtown LA along Grand Avenue next to the Walt Disney Concert Hall, to Hollywood, Beverly Hills and Santa Monica.
Now in its sixth year, the Los Angeles Food & Wine Festival offers foodies a chance to meet their favorite celebrity chefs and dine in some of the best dining rooms at the most coveted restaurants in the greater Los Angeles area. Enjoy Power Lunches or exquisite multi-course dinner. There will be tasting events, seminars, book signings, and cooking demonstrations. Here are 10 ways to enjoy this year’s festival –
- Amazon Presents Eat the World with Emeril Lagasse, Thursday, August 25 – The evening hosted by Emeril Lagasse – BAM! Ticket holders will walk-around tasting culinary creations from all over the world, while sipping beer, wine and cocktails. The inspiration for the global take on the evening comes from the premiere of the upcoming Amazon original series, Eat the World.VIP Tickets allows foodies to beat the crowds with access a full 30 minutes before the general admission for $160. General admission to this event from 7 to 10 p.m. at Grand Avenue and 1st Street is $115.00 .
- Lexus at Grand Avenue, Thursday, August 25-Saturday, August 27 – Sweet Lucie’s ice cream truck and handcart will feature an ice cream scoop station, and guests can create their own ice cream sandwiches. Grand Avenue attendees can also enjoy dessert drinks such as Brandy Alexanders and adult root beer floats.
- Grand Avenue Night Market hosted by Jet Tila and Brian Malarkey, Friday, August 26 – The evening from 7 to 10 p.m. spotlights a multi-sensory street food experience from the markets, carts, street stalls, and mom-and-pop joints that span the alleyways, and city streets. Enjoy the vibrant flavors from Taipei to Kuala Lumpur with Chefs Elizabeth Falkner, Jeffrey Lunak (Sumo Dog), Tin Vuong (Little Sister), Andrew Gruel (Slapfish), and Kevin Nashan (Sidney Street Café) to name a few. Admission includes tastings of street food from over 30 participating restaurants and eateries. There custom cocktails, sake, beer and free-flowing wine included in the ticket price. VIP Access – Gets you early access a full 30 minutes for $175 before the General Admission and access to a VIP only cooking demonstration with a Celebrity Chef. Very Limited quantities are available. Located at Grand Ave. and 1st Street. General Admission is $125.
- LIVE on Grand Avenue with Tyler Florence, Saturday, August 27 – The city will ignite with exciting cuisine from chefs including Timothy Hollingsworth (Otium), Jason Dady (Jason Dady Restaurant Group), and Stephen Kalt (Spartina). Ticket holders will also enjoy electrifying live musical performances and DJ sets during the strolling reception. There are 30 chefs and 50 wineries serving up delicious tastings from 7 to 10 p.m. DOWNTOWN: Grand Avenue and 1st Street. The tickets are $175.00 and VIP: $250.00.
- Lexus Grand Tasting, Saturday, August 27 and Sunday, August 28 – Enjoy over 200 wines from some of the world’s most prestigious wineries. 25 Celebrity Chefs will showcase their culinary skills and provide delicious and decadent tasting samples of their cuisine. During this remarkable strolling event you will have access to book signings and photo sessions with some of the weekend’s biggest chef celebrities. Don’t miss this great opportunity to experience food and wine at its best. At the Lexus Grand Tasting, James Beard Award Winners Stephanie Izard and Laura Werlin will share their knowledge for cheese with attendees at the Lexus Cheese Shoppe. Attendees can sample a variety of North American cheeses. Start time is noon to 3 p.m. at the Barker Hangar. Tickets are $125 per person. VIP Access – Gets you 30 minutes early access before General Admission. Very Limited Quantities are available at $175.
- Enjoy lunch in Beverly Hills with Kevin Meehan & Brandon Kida at Hinoki & The Bird on August 26Two alumni from the kitchens at LA’s storied L’Orangerie are teaming up to present their modernized versions of the dishes that made L’Orangerie famous for decades. Hinoki & The Bird offers a serene backdrop for this showcase of culinary prowess that will echo the past with an eye to the future. I think Kevin Meehan is an amazing and talented chef. This is a lunch not to miss. It starts at 12 noon to 2:30 p.m. The cost is $125 per person.
- Sunset Grill n’ Chill Hosted by Rick Bayless and Copper Cane Wines & Provisions at the FIG Santa Monica, August 27 – This is a fun poolside dinner with one of my favorite chefs, Rick Bayless (Red O in LA and Santa Monica) as he takes grilling beyond the normal backyard. Top chefs grill better than most burgers and hot dogs fare into mouthwatering treats. Copper Cane provides a selection of enjoyable wines. A DJ spins in the background while ticket holders enjoy the poolside venue at the Fairmont Miramar in Santa Monica. The event is from 7 to 10 p.m. Tickets are $125.
8. Paley Lunch with Chef Greg Bernhardt & Hugh Acheson – Enjoy lunch on August 26 in Hollywood with a glamorous fine dining meal in an Art Deco design that will make anyone feel like a star. The celebrity component is in the kitchen with a pair of East Coast and West Coast talents. Host Chef Chef Greg Bernhardt with the down home charm invites wry wit of Chef Hugh Acheson to create a star-studded culinary adventure from 12 to 2:30 p.m. Five wines will be poured to pair with each dish. The ticket is $125.
9. Buy Tickets ahead of time. On sale now, tickets for individual events range from $105-300, with additional package and VIP options. Visit LAFW.com for updates and details on full programming of events, chefs, wineries, sommeliers, and mixologists participating at the 6th Annual Los Angeles Food & Wine festival or call (855)433-LAFW (5239)
10. Share your experiences at Los Angeles Food & Wine with your followers and friends, posting hashtag #LAFoodWine and mentioning @LAFoodWine in your posts, plus any other appropriate chef or event specific hashtags. Watch your LIKES soar.