I’ve been blessed to see some of the best theatrical productions in Los Angeles in 2016, as a guest columnist for an informative East to West Coast Theatrical Review and News site – The Stage Review.
Here are my top 12 shows that inspired me to write the following reviews –
- Beautiful at The Pantages Theatre – http://thestagereview.net/2016/07/11/review-exquisitely-beautiful-pantages/
- In & Of Itself at The Geffen Playhouse – https://stageandscreenreviews.wordpress.com/2016/06/25/the-magic-of-in-of-itself/
- Icebergs at The Geffen Theatre – http://thestagereview.net/2016/11/20/review-icebergs-geffen-playhouse/
- Barbecue at The Geffen Playhouse – http://thestagereview.net/2016/10/02/barbecue-smokin-hot-geffen-playhouse/
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch at The Pantages Theatre – http://thestagereview.net/2016/11/08/hedwig-angry-inch-pantages-theatre-review/
- Romeo & Juliet: Love is a Battlefield at The Prospect Theatre – http://thestagereview.net/2016/07/17/review-romeo-heartbreaker/
- The Beauty Queen of Leenane at the Mark Taper Forum – http://thestagereview.net/2016/11/17/review-intense-beauty-queen-leenane-mark-taper-forum/
- Big Sky at The Geffen Theatre – https://stageandscreenreviews.wordpress.com/2016/06/24/first-blog-post/
- A View From the Bridge at the Ahmanson Theatre – http://thestagereview.net/2016/09/19/review-intense-view-bridge/
- Fantasticks at the Pasadena Playhouse – http://thestagereview.net/2016/09/19/review-fun-fantastic/
- Merrily We Roll Along at the Wallis Annenberg Theatre – http://thestagereview.net/2016/12/07/review-merrily-we-roll-along-the-wallis/
12. Sam Harris in Ham at The Pasadena Playhouse – http://thestagereview.net/2016/07/09/review-sam-harris-shines-brightly-pasadena/
It was an excellent year for theatre in Los Angeles. I Iook forward to the dramas, comedies and musical shows scheduled to debut in 2017.