1. Winter Wonderland at the Beverly Hills Wilshire, A Four Seasons Hotel – Come enjoy evening snowfall and a life-size Gingerbread House by Executive Pastry Chef Chris Ford. The talented Chef Ford designed, baked and built a larger-than-life gingerbread house made with over 40 gallons of marshmallows, 9,000 hand cut gingerbread cookies, 3,000 candies and endless chocolate Christmas trees filled with festive confection. Standing at 8 feet tall, this Gingerbread House is covered in 50 2 ft wide sheets of crisp gingerbread, allowing enough room for the public to walk through and experience the house from the inside. The Beverly Wilshire, A Four Seasons Hotel, has been decorating with festive ornamentation since opening in 1928. Executive Pastry Chef Chris Ford will offer unique holiday gifts for purchase such as caramel popcorn and gingerbread emoji cookies. Click here to learn more about the Beverly Wilshire Holiday Events
2. The Magical Mission Inn Hotel and Spa – Gingerbread Mission Inn in the lobby, made by Executive Pastry Chef David Blaine. This large scale replica of The Mission Inn Hotel took 10 weeks to make using 500 pounds of gingerbread, icing and candy. Learn more about the Winter Wonderland at The Mission Inn and Spa –
3. Malibu Country Mart Winter Wonderland – This beach town, family fun shopping destination features a beautifully decorated Christmas tree, a menorah, and plenty of twinkling lights. Instead of a Gingerbread house, they are offering ice carvings. Complimentary holiday-themed activities for all ages take place on Dec. 16 and 23. Guests get to meet and take pictures with Santa and his real live reindeer at the Malibu County Mart on Dec. 23 from noon to 4 p.m. Carolers will entertain guests on both Dec. 16 and Dec. 23. Throughout the entire holiday season, retailers are ready to welcome shoppers and assist with finding the perfect holiday gift. A variety of in-store specials will be available along with the most exclusive gifts for friends and loved ones. 3835 Cross Creek Rd. Malibu, CA 90265.
4. Be sure to see the Gingerbread Hotel at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. Located in the the soaring ceiling lobby near the magnificent Christmas tree is a Gingerbread display made with 600 pounds of gingerbread and 600 pounds of powdered sugar. It stands 7 1/2 feet-tall and 12-feet-wide. Click to See 10 Holiday Sights at CA Adventure.
5. The Langham 2017 Gingerbread House – Railroad tycoon Henry Huntington owned the hotel more than 100 years ago. This year the 5-star hotel created a Teddy Bear Wonderland. It took 300 Hours to create as Pastry Chefs used 80 pounds of candy and chocolate, 60 pounds of Granulated sugar, 250 pounds of powdered sugar, 35 pounds of brown sugar, 140 pounds of flour and 88 pounds of fondant. Click here to learn more about Langham in Pasadena.