Now until Sunday, February 25 buy an admission ticket to Universal Studios Hollywood and enter the all-new Lunar New Year themed area. There are a multitude of Chinese New Year experiences with the help of DreamWorks’ favorite Kung Fu Panda characters and Universal Studios stars.
Here’s 8 fun, interactive experiences that the entire family will enjoy:
- Before entering the tall, impressive archway into the polygon-shaped Universal Plaza, a Mandarin-speaking, red eye Transformer MEGATRON greets guests. This imposing 12-foot-tall sentinent robot interacts with guests and poses for photos. MEGATRON is one of the stars in the thrilling “Transformers The Ride-3D.
- Write your wish for the new year and attach your red card onto pink plum blossom Wishing Trees. It’s a good luck tradition.
- Enjoy hot and cold Asian delights and Mr. Ping’s Noodles. It’s a replica from DreamWorks popular movie franchaise Kung Fu Panda. Order the Secret Ingredient Stir Fry Noodles with either beef, chicken, shrimp or tofu. The also serve Po’s steamed pot stickers filled with pork and served with a spicy soy sauce. The Oogway egg rolls are filled with chicken and served with a sweet chili sauce. My favorite were the soft and warm Dragon Warrior Bao buns filled with pork and served with soy sauce.
- Learn how to be a Dragon Warrior at the Jade Palace Performance Stage. Watch a martial arts demonstration with Kung Fu Panda characters Master Po and friends. Children can volunteer to stand up on stage to show off their new skills with Master Po.
- For those who enjoy drawing, a seasoned animator artist teaches guests how to draw Po and the Furious Five. Participants receive a keepsake drawing page, pencil and personal instruction on practical techniques to draw one of their favorite Kung Fu characters. This informative session takes about 15-20 minutes.
- Walk under a canopy of bring Chinese red lanterns to search for your zodiac animal sign to learn each of the 12 symbolic attributes.
- Meet and have your photo taken with Illumination’s Minion dressed in traditional Chinese attire next to the entrance with two large gold Chinese guardian lions.
- Be sure to check out the Chinese New Year merchandise. There are shirts, mugs, red envelopes, red floral crowns and tote bags.To learn more and purchase tickets, go to http://Universalstudioshollywood.com