Now through Oct. 31, Disneyland and Disney California Adventure offer a culinary crawl of spooky food options. The talented Disneyland chefs are cooking up a Haunted Firehouse chicken sandwich at the Carnation Café on Main Street; an Enchanted Black Rose mousse at the Red Rose Tavern in Fantasyland; and a Mansion Spider bundt cake at the French Market Restaurant in New Orleans Square.
Ask for a food guide when entering both parks for a description and location of each edible delight. Here are my 10 favorites treats I discovered at both parks on the opening day of Halloween Time:
- I loved how colorful and flavorful the Spider Parfait was that I found at Alien Pizza Planet and Galactic Grill. Throughout both parks are a fun souvenir to enjoy while at the parks and at home – a poison green apple mug.
- Near Frontierland the cotton candy stands offer Candy Corn colored cotton candy. Also in this area at Rancho del Zocalo Restaurant they sell Frozen Abuelita Horchata. They also sell Orange Sugar Skull Pot de Cremes.
3. Make a reservation for a special dinner on one of Mickey’s Halloween Party nights at the Blue Bayou Restaurant.
4. At Disney California Adventure, try the Vampire Mickey sourdough loaves at Mortimer’s Market and the Pacific Wharf. They also serve Pumpkin Bread Pudding and Bacon Cheddar Ale Soup.
5. Cars Land has pumpkin spice shakes and Candy Cone Pie cream pie at Flo’s V8 Cafe. At the Cozy Cone Motel, enjoy pure comfort food by ordering the Slow Burnin’ Mac & Cheese Cone, Spooky Cone Macaron and Halloween Color Sprinkles.
6. Over in Hollywood Land Award Wieners is serving an Octoberfest Dog. They also have two unique treats – Pumpkin Spice Funnel Cake Fries and a Cookies & Cream Funnel Cake Fries.
7. For those who love churros Buena Vista has a Churro Cart selling Halloween Churros. At the Golden State Churro Cart they sell S’mores Churros. Goofy’s Sky School Churro Cart sells Purple Churros and the Cozy Cone Motel sells Pumpkin Spice Churros.
8. Walking down Buena Vista Street be sure to see the store windows decorated with apparel and accessories to enhance your Halloween this year.
9. Step inside Fiddler, Fifer & Pratical Cafe for Chocolate Bat Cookies and Sleepy Hollow Cupcakes.
10. There are a creative array of Candy Apples to satisfy any sweet tooth that are festively decorated at Candy Shops throughout the resort.
To learn more about Halloween Time at both parks, go to Halloween Time. The address for Disneyland is 1313 Disneyland Drive, Anaheim.