Holidays at The Hotel Del Coronado are brighter this year with the help of EPIC Entertainment Group. This year The Hotel Del Coronado welcomes loyal guests, locals and new travelers to ‘Home for the Holidays’ with 10 different immersive holiday experiences. Here’s what you can see and do while visiting or staying at The Del.
- Ice skating is back at The Del. Lace up skates and skim along the ice right next to the beach. Advanced reservations are recommended and sold online.
2. Before, during or after ice skating ‘Frostbite’ Lounge offers cozy seating and a fire pit by reservation for up to six people. Order food and drinks from a holiday-themed cocktail and snack menu while watching skaters whirl by you and the colorful lights.
3. EPIC ENTERTAINMENT Group decorates the legendary Norfolk Pines on the Founder’s Lawn for a dynamic ‘At First Light’ lightshow with colored lights orchestrated to holiday music and snowfall. In 1904 these trees were the first electrically lit outdoor Christmas Tree in America. The show is 11-minutes long and run every thirty minutes from 5 to 9 p.m.
4. The return of the perennial favorite includes the spectacular two-story lobby tree decorated with 10,000 sparkling lights with more than 2,000 ornaments in red, gold and forest green. Guests can purchase many of the ornaments dazzling on the tree at the nearby shops.
5. Go on a scavenger hunt to find 20 themed Christmas trees ranging in size from 8 feet to a breathtaking 25 foot tall tree out in the Victorian Garden. Visit the shops inside The Victorian, the Welcome Center inside the Beach Village, and check for trees in The Cabanas and The Views.
6. See a Holiday Movie on the Beach. Snuggle up with a loved one on Del Beach for a movie in the picturesque theater under the stars on Dec. 11, 18 and 31.
7. S’mores on the Beach at your own private bonfire on Del Beach. Cozy up for hot beverages, housemade marshmallows, graham crackers and a variety of chocolates. Jingle Roast is from Dec. 15 – 25 at 5:30 and 7:30 p.m.
8. Photos with Santa will take place on the Paseo Lawn on Dec. 16-18 and Dec. 22 – 24. Receive a keepsake photo with jolly Santa when you make a reservation for a visit. Santa is in shops and his spirit is everywhere around the hotel.
9. Victorian Tea is served during the holidays on Dec. 17, 19, 20 and 21. Take a step back in time with a classic Victorian Tea featuring a variety of teas, finger sandwiches and sweets while beautiful music sets the atmosphere. There are special kids’ plates too, so little ones can join the adults to start a family tradition.
10. Go Holiday Gift Shopping for inspired gifts and The Del’s 29th annual holiday ornament can be found at the various shops at The Del. The beautiful handblown glass ornament is inspired by the hotel’s 1888 stained glass “Coronation Window,” which was restored earlier this year
Stay in one of the Beach Village Cottages or Villas for ocean, beach, pool and palm tree views. The villas are equipped with a full kitchen to make meals to enjoy outside on the patio or large balcony. A private welcome center checks Beach Village guests into the private and gated section of The Del. The staff are available to cater to guests needs. There are multiple swimming pools and hot whirlpools for guests to use near each cottage or villa. For reservations for a Beach Village, The Victorian, The Cabanas or The Views guest room, click here.