Hopefully the cooler fall days are just around the corner and weekend jaunts to Greater Palm Springs is appealing with beautiful weather in October. Enjoy a world class concert, ride a camel, tour a mansion, and participate in athletic challenges. Click here to see where to stay – https://dineandtravel.me/tag/palm-springs/
Here are 8 fun events –
- Sunnylands Opens For The Season – The Annenberg Retreat at Sunnylands and Sunnylands Center & Gardens is the former winter home of Ambassadors Walter and Leonore Annenberg. Take a tour to learn about all of the U.S. presidents, celebrities, sports legends and British royalty who have visited the estate and compound. The Center and Gardens are open Thursday – Sunday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. http://sunnylands.org 37977 Bob Hope Drive, Rancho Mirage, California 92270. (760)202-2222.
- Year of the Cheetah Launch Party is October 1 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.. With less than 7,500 cheetahs left on our planet, The Living Desert recognizes the Cheetah and offers public awareness to help save them from extinction. Cheetah Spots in the park include food trucks, a beer garden, live entertainment, storytelling. Attend keeper chats, special Behind the Scenes Tours of their Cheetah exhibit. Kids can have their face painted just like a cheetah. The camels are back for guests to enjoy a ride. http://www.livingdesert.org/event/year-cheetah-launch-party/ 47900 Portola Ave. Palm Desert, CA (760) 346-5694.
- Rock & Roll Desert Trip Festival is October 7 through 9 & 14 through 16, 2016. The Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, unites six of the world’s most iconic and influential rock and roll artists for both weekends offer three nights of unforgettable concerts, including The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan and His Band, Paul McCartney, Neil Young + Promise of the Real, Roger Waters and The Who. https://www.ticketcity.com/festivals/desert-trip-tickets.html.
- Modernism Week Fall Preview is October 21-23, 2016. Highlights of the events for the February 2017 festival, include an architectural walking and bike tours, festive cocktail parties, home tours, stimulating lectures, the not-to-be-missed Premier Double Decker Architectural Bus Tours, classic cars, the Modernism Show & Sale, tours of Sunnylands and more.http://www.modernismweek.com.
- Ultimate Endurance Test. On October 22, the Palm Springs Tram Road Challenge is a strenuous 3.7 mile walk/run along a beautiful path, that traverses up 2,000-foot elevation. All finishers receive a customized finishers medal, shirt and breakfast. This event benefits the United Way of the Desert. http://www.kleinclarksports.com/tram
- Fiesta at the Living Desert Museum – For every paid adult admission, one children’s admission is free on weekends now through Oct 15. La Gran Fiesta ¡Mi Casa Es Zoo Casa! is from 9a.m. – 1 p.m. with fun events highlighting the Hispanic culture. Play games, listen to live music and dance. Encounter animal enrichment moments, and try some delicious dishes. The first 1000 guests to celebrate La Gran Fiesta will receive a FREE pepper plant grown at The Living Desert! One per person, while supplies last. http://www.livingdesert.org/event/la-gran-fiesta/ 47900 Portola Ave. Palm Desert, CA (760) 346-5694.
- Fall Fun in Cathedral City from October 27-30, 2016. Families enjoy a pumpkin patch area and carnival with hay bales, scarecrows, corn stalks and pumpkins for sale. There is a pumpkin carving and Halloween costume contests. Kids can trick-or-treat and participate in arts and crafts. The weekend activities include food and craft vendors, a beer garden and live entertainment.
- Halloween Golf Cart Parade on October 30. Bands march down El Paseo as the nation’s only golf cart parade is filled with spectacular colors and glitter. The pageantry of whimsically decorated golf carts begins at noon. http://golfcartparade.com. 72559 Highway 111, Palm Desert, CA 92260 (760) 346-6111.