This Lunar New Year at Disney California Adventure Park is a multi-sensory celebration now through Sunday, Feb. 17, 2019. Guests have the opportunity to purchase a 2019 Year of the Pig Sip and Savor Pass. It costs $36 for annual passholders, and $39 for non-passholders. The big laminated card is attached to a lanyard to wear it around your neck. Also attached to the card are six tags that one tears off when ordering multicultural menu items of traditional treats and drinks. Here are 6 dining carts around the park to use your pass. Guests may purchase a la carte too.
1. At the Red Dragon Spice Traders select Firecracker Three Cup Chicken, Steamed Short Rib Shumai and a Purple Yam Macaron with Creme Fraiche. At this stand they are serving Raspberry Lychee Chia Tea.
2. Over at the Paradise Garden Grill select a Vegan Orange Tempeh, Korean Grilled Chicken and a Banh Mi grilled pork belly sandwich on a crispy baguette. For a sweet treat they are offering Mango Mousse.
3. Prosperity Bao & Buns they are offering Mickey Chinese Hot Dog Buns, Char Siu Pork Bao, and a Mango-Pineappe Pastry.
4. Longevity Noodle Co has a variety of Asian dishes that includes Pan-fried Wheat Noodles with Chicken Meatballs, Cabbage Salad and Apple-Ginger sauce. Order the Vegetable Egg Roll and Chilled Sesame-Garlic Noodles. Finish with an Egg Tart and Orchid Spitz garnished with Rose Popping Petals.
5. Lucky 8 Lantern has Crispy Shrimp Fried Rice, Stir-fried Vegetables & Pineapple with Soy Protein, Mandarin Orange-Green Tea Tart and a Vietnamese Iced Coffee. The alcohol drink is a Lucky Buddha Beer with (4.8% ABV).
6. At a nearby food cart you can enjoy Gochujang Chicken Wings and mini almond cookies.
While walking through Disney’s California Adventure, be sure to watch the enhanced Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession. Mulan and her dragon friend Mushu along with beautiful Chinese umbrella and ribbon dancers, drummers, and dragon dancers entertain the crowd. The Three Little Pigs are the guests of honor to kick off The Year of The Pig.
Mulan is also available for meet and greet photo opportunities in the Paradise Gardens Park.
There are tables for young guests to receive a complimentary face painting, and make their own Chinese lantern.
This special Lunar New Year is until February 17, 2019. Go to Disneyland